Webinar: Digitalization & Energy
Paris, France: 7 February 2018
Time: 4PM CET / 10AM EST
Over the coming decades, digital technologies are set to make energy systems around the world more connected, intelligent, efficient, reliable and sustainable. Stunning advances in data, analytics and connectivity are enabling a range of new digital applications such as smart appliances, shared mobility, and 3D printing. But digitalization is also raising security and privacy risks, and changing markets, business models and employment.
Join our upcoming webinar to learn more about the key findings from the IEA's first comprehensive report on digitalization and energy.
IEA experts will discuss the exciting opportunities and emerging risks of digitalization in energy:
- • How are digital technologies impacting energy demand and supply sectors? What are the potential implications over the long-term?
- • What are the recent and near-term trends for energy consumption from data centres, networks, and connected devices?
- • How are digital technologies improving electricity systems today and how might they transform these systems into the future?
- • How are energy business models, platforms, and market designs changing as a result of digitalization?
- • What are the wider policy implications of increasing connectivity and automation, including for energy security, energy access, employment, data ownership, and privacy?