Tracking clean energy progress: where are we along the road of energy transitions?
Katowice, Poland: EU Pavilion, Room Brussels: 4 December 2018
IEA Deputy Director Paul Simons
Clean energy transitions are central to meet Paris Agreement goal. This event aims to use the IEA Tracking Clean Energy Progress framework to evaluate latest technology trends and look at key indicators that could help countries devise strategies to deliver long-term objectives. It will equally bring in national examples of their long-term transitions implementation, such as the use of EU National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs) to deliver Energy Union objectives.
14:30 – Introduction from moderator:
- Caroline Lee, Energy Analyst, Environment and Climate Change, International Energy Agency
14:35 – Panel discussion on tracking progress towards clean energy transitions and country’s experience with long-term clean energy transitions
- Paul Simons, Deputy Executive Director, International Energy Agency
- Mauro Petriccione, Director General, DG Clima, European Commission
- Ms Joyce Murray, Parliamentary Secretary to the President of the Treasury Board, Canada
- Felipe de León, Technical Specialist at the Ministry of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica
15:35 – Q&A with the audience
15:55 – Closing remarks from the panellist and the IEA
Presentation: Tracking Clean Energy Progress, Paul Simons